Monday, December 13, 2010

STGCC DAY 1

Many apologies for the long delay, STGCC has been a long and draw out affair. Finally managed to consolidate the pictures I needed, and grabbed my thoughts down to blog. (Not to mention get sufficient rest)

The plan for the day was that the crew (consisting of toysetc, MunchKimz, myself and another friend) would arrive first to show our fan-tastic desire to enter STGCC. That plan failed, because the first person arrived at 6.30 am for 3 consecutive days; I gladly surrender first place to him :D However, I did arrive to take up 3rd place followed by toysetc and aforementioned friend.

The floodgates finally opened at 12pm, and *woosh* up we went and rushed in for our objectives of the day!

The first task of the day was to get my Gloomy Tofu! Which I did, but was stuck in a rather long queue at PI, which was due to their staff having a little trouble with the cash register, but thankfully was resolved after some fuss.

The remaining task of the day was to get the Tofu signed. That was to happen at 4.30 pm, hours away from the time we entered the convention.

Kim catches Mori for a quick pic! He's wearing the limited 10th Anniversary t-shirt! Damn I want his shirts~

To secure my place in the extremely limited number of slots for the autograph session, I was scoping out the PI booth about an hour and a half before the session. And thankfully I did so, because it turned out that there were SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE trying to get the autograph. With some luck, and a whole lot of determination, the whole lot of us got our slot for the FIRST autograph session for the Gloomy Tofu, by DevilRobots and Mori Chack!
I was no. 23 in line :P

Necessary picture after autograph.
The limit per person was one item to be signed by each artist, but I got rather confused and ended up getting both artists to sign on the figurine itself. In retrospect, it was not as desirable as getting DR to sign on the box and Mori to sign on the figurine; because Mori was left with a small spot on the figurines stomach to sketch his awesome Gloomy bear. Seriously, I have nothing but respect for his efforts at drawing the Gloomy on such a small space!!!

Seriously?!?

After getting my Gloomy signed, I was done with my aims for the day, and continued to explore the convention. The next two days were tougher, and there were autograph sessions for Mori Chack's merchandise and THOSE I DEFINITELY wanted to hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment